Thursday, November 22, 2012

Ryan McCann Kills KAWS In His Latest "Death To..." Series Print On Sale Today





WHO: Los Angeles artist Ryan McCann returns to 1xRUN with the latest print in his "Death To..." Series as he takes on KAWS while his Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Balloon floats over New York City.

WHEN: 12pm - Thanksgiving Day, 2012, November 22nd on http://1xRUN.com this release will be available for one week or until the edition sells out.

WHERE: This print, images, artist Q&A and additional information available on 1xRUN at http://1xrun.com/runs/Death_To_Kaws

WHAT: 65 Signed/Numbered Archival Pigment Prints Limited To Just 65 Prints "This piece is #3 in an ongoing series know as the “Death to . . .” series. When there is an artist that I admire and respect I find my self studying their body of work. I will follow their career and basically just be a fan of what they do. On occasion, there have been three so far, I will get a very specific image of the artist in his last moments. This image came to me as soon as I read the article that announced Kaws’ balloon for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. I first burnt the image into the wood with a blowtorch, stained the wood, then painted the rest with oil and acrylic. " - Ryan McCann

On sale today at NOON EST at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in