Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Estria "Visits By Kanaloa" Print On Sale Today



"The piece is a portrait of Kanaloa, the Hawaiian god of the ocean, in his kinolau (body form) as the giant (he'e) octopus. He wears goggles because the ocean is polluted. I love painting the octopus because it allows the expressive body movements like graffiti lettering, bringing some of the flow indoors. This is the first time I have made one of my Kanaloa portraits available for sale in a limited run.

I've been painting Kanaloa on walls for the past three years. I seem to have a kuleana (responsibility) to him, the freshwater and the ocean. I feel like he watches over and guides me sometimes." - Estria Miyashiro

 Estria Miyashiro is an internationally recognized mural artist and the Co-Founder and Creative Director of The Estria Foundation, a nonprofit organization using public art to transform communities and bring attention to important local issues. TEF creates innovative public art projects and education programs using public art as a catalyst for community engagement.

Visits By Kanaloa is a 22 x 13 Inches Archival Pigment Print on 330gsm Fine Art Paper with a signed and numbered edition of 50

On sale today at NOON EST at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in