Thursday, December 6, 2012

Kukula Regret Print On Sale Today




The framing option for this 1xRUN edition includes a 1" Ornate Gold frame with archival acid-free backing, UV-Glass and ready to hang hardware.

"I was drawing the top girl inspired by this art deco ad for risque lingerie and I was drawing the bottom girl inspired by something from Chanel. So they were supposed to be painted separately, but when I started working on the composition I thought they could work together. I decided that they have the same idea of luxury and that’s how the name came about too, probably because I buy stuff a lot and regret it. I think that people like this piece a little bit more than I do. That’s how I feel about it.

I think it's because I had a weird experience painting this piece. By the time I had started painting it I was already not attached to it, so I was a bit angry. I was painting very angry! I couldn’t get into it. So at one point I had a half-finished painting, and it doesn’t really make sense not to finish it after I had spent so much time on it. You don’t want to stop in the middle, especially when it looks really nice. And people really like it. I have made it into an iPhone cover that sells in Europe. Also, this piece is not very naked, so people can have it on their stuff. " - Kukula

After receiving her degree in illustration from Vital-Shenkar in 2003, Kukula moved to the San Francisco Bay Area, where she is currently based. She has worked with galleries such as CoproNason, Corey Helford, Thinkspace, Shooting Gallery and Roq La Rue.

Regret is a 14 x 27 Inches Archival Pigment Print On 330gsm Fine Art Paper with a signed and numbered edition of 50

On sale today at NOON EST at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in