Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Banksy Queens of the Stone Age Seattle Poster World Premiere Exclusive



In recent years more and more graffiti artist have been tasked with creating gigposters and now Queens of the Stone Age has the biggest of them all. It is my pleasure to debut exclusively Banksy's first ever poster.

Banksy did this poster for a secret Queens of the Stone Age show at the Triple Door in Seattle tonight, word is the show is sold out already with folks starting to line-up. The poster is an 18 x 24 screen print with a numbered edition of only 200. This killer poster incorporates a couple of Banky's signature images from the past in order to mark this special show with an equally special poster.

Pictures on Walls will have 50 signed ones for sale in the future, stay tuned for that release announcement.

UPDATE 4-2-14

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY EVERYONE.

Hope you all enjoyed it. Sitting on this for past 3 months has been killing me I thought it was funny and hope everyone got a good laugh from it.

I want to thank my buddy and his wife in Seattle for taking the pic of the triple door

Thanks to the person on one of the Facebook posts that commented about the use of Comic Sans in the watermark. I was trying to decide on a font and thought using CS would be a hilarious subtle little joke on its own. I'm glad someone caught.

The biggest THANK YOU, wet sloppy KISSES and hearty handshake goes out to Sixstringer. Due to my limited knowledge of the Adobe Suite he took my concept/idea and made it even better.

Be sure to check out Sixstringer's store for his art work and some great up coming prints as well

Of course thank you also to everyone that had some fun with this today.

3 comments:

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in