Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Randy Ortiz For He Is the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition Print Release



Randy Ortiz has stunning new print be released this week titled For He Is the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition.

The regular monochromatic edition is a run of 35 and will cost $80 each and the “Resplendent Nothingness” color variant is a small run of only 10 and will cost $120. They both measure 16x20” inches

I asked Randy about the print:

I feel in order to grow as an artist one can’t remain complacent in their style. Branching out into different mediums and seeking new methods is key to keeping your mind fresh and creative. For the better part of a year I’ve wandered outside my usual digital work and have been exploring oil painting, charcoal and pastel and focusing a lot of my spare time creating more personal art. This new print I have is one in a series of pieces I’ve made during this search for a new direction.

The series is called Polyopic Fragments and the first piece is titled For He Is the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition. Originally created using charcoal and pastel, I will have it available as a limited edition giclee print. I also created a version digitally rendered with colour alternatively titled Resplendent Nothingness. It was a refreshing exercise in combining a new medium with one that I am quite familiar with.

I’m very thankful to those who have supported my art over the years and I hope you all continue to accompany me on my new creative direction! -Randy O
Both prints will be on sale this Friday April 11 in his shop http://damnthedesign.myshopify.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in