Wednesday, July 2, 2014

James Flames The Goonies Mondo Poster Release Details



To say I'm excited and happy to see James Flames doing a poster for Mondo would be an understatement. From the first time 5 years ago I saw his work I knew he was going to be one of the great ones. He has been printing his own posters and honing his artistic skills all thees years and doing posters for huge bands like Phish, The Black Keys, Umphrey's McGee, Dave Matthews and Avett Brothers. I even had him do some prints for me 4 years ago, check them out HERE And now his work will be seen on much large stage by even more people, Cheers James !!

The poster he did for Mondo is for the movie The Goonies. The regular red edition is 24"x36" screen print, hand numbered, edition of 250. The variant is an edition of 125.

Here is what James said about the posters:

"I love to tell stories with the things I draw, and the adventure of The Goonies is a hell of a big story to tell. My favorite part of any story is the peak of the set up – the part where the mood is established, the characters are coming into themselves, the scenery is starting to play a role, and it’s all at the cusp of breaking loose. And if it all stopped right there, your imagination has everything it needs to start coming up with all sorts of crazy scenarios on it’s own. Man, I love that part. This scene felt like such a natural place to stop for a second and remember how freaking awesome it was that these four best friends set out in their overwhelmingly large and intimidating world to follow a treasure map and have the adventure of a lifetime."

On sale at random time on Thursday July 3 at Mondotees.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in