Friday, October 3, 2014

Steven Lopez Butterfly Trap Print Release Details




Steven Lopez has another gorgeous new print release with 1xRUN Friday. This one is titled Butterfly Trap.

"This piece is part of my upcoming solo show at Gallery at the Jupiter  in Portland, Oregon. Opening night is October 3rd and my work will be on display October 1st through November 18th. The original is painted on canvas with Nova Color acrylic paint. The under painting was applied by brush with coarse textures executed by palette knife.

I’ve been exploring the monarch butterfly pattern on my portraits and while I enjoyed that aspect I wanted to understand how I could use it in other situations. I first drew the figure in my sketchbook while looking at the muse. I liked the flow of the drawing and pondered how I could use it in a painting. A few days later I came up with the idea while listening to Jamiroquai’s, Butterfly. This was the first time I added distress to the derrière.

The under painting was applied by brush with coarse textures executed by palette knife. Under painting has been a big focal point for me. It’s helped me understand how to trap light and distinguish shadows with greater dexterity. A new door has opened which makes me feel like I’m learning all over again." - Steven Lopez

On sale Friday at NOON EDT over at 1xRUN.com I think this is a trap you should fall for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in