Friday, November 7, 2014

Meggs Rising Up, Back On The Street Print





Melbourne born and bred artist David “Meggs” Hooke shows the world what he’s made of with this massive mural he painted in Detroit. 1xRUN has turned this and the painting into a print titled Rising Up, Back On The Street.

"'Rising Up, Back On The Street' was one of the largest featured paintings for the show. It was created as my homage and direct reference to the city of Detroit. The tiger, namesake of the Detroit Tigers baseball team for over a century, is a symbol that Detroiters relate to and feel proud ownership of. It was born from the city's past glory and survived through it's unfortunate losses. The power of a tiger and its relationship with Detroit now represents a continuing symbol of tenacity & hope for a new era of positive change and re-growth.

As soon as I created the piece I knew that when I painted a mural for the city I wanted to use this image and elaborate on it, focusing more on the Tiger and the words Rise Up, emphasizing the energy and momentum of forward motion and self-empowerment. It was my way of giving back to a city that had welcomed me, inspired me and allowed me to take from it to expand my own work & ideals." - Meggs

The print comes in your choice of two sizes 18 x 18 inches or 36 x 36 inches.

Buy it at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in