Friday, January 27, 2012

Wu-Sciples Poster by Two Rabbits Studios celebrate Wu-Tang’s 20 year anniversary




Details on the labor of love from Two Rabbit's Studio's:

What better way to celebrate Wu-Tang’s 20 year anniversary than with the release of Wu-Sciples, a ten color print celebrating one of the rawest groups in music. This print has been a long time in the making for us at Two Rabbits. When we had the idea we knew only one person could illustrate it right, Adam Hathorn aka Honkey Kong. We were already major fans of Adams work. He has illustrated jobs for us, been a great host when we were in San Diego and he is one of the best tattoo artist we know. Adam is also Wu obsessed, like us. With that said here is Adam in his own words…

“So far as my memory takes me, my introduction to Wu Tang was when 36 chambers was released in 93. I had to wikipedia that, my memory is not that good. My friend Strobe Beats played me “Wu-Tang Clan Ain’t Nuthing ta Fuck Wit” on a walk man, or some shit, in the cafeteria. The beat made me wanna punch people, much like the hard core and punk rock music that I was listening to at the time. I immediately got a copy, and it was on constant rotation. That was what got me back into hip hop music. Previously I was listening to alot of Public Enemy and alot of the native tongue stuff, Tribe Called Quest, LONS, De La etc. After that hip hop was getting boring. I was young and turned to hard core music, especially in Boston where it thrived at that time. When Wu came with that raw sound with production that was stripped down and unpolished, it was an easy step back in. Wu Tang has been a huge part of music in my life since. I’m sure there’s been few days since that have passed without me hearing Wu in some form. I tattoo all day, or draw all day, so there’s some form of music always playing, and there’s plenty on shuffle.

I was lucky enough to be asked by the guys at Two Rabbits Studios to create the “Wu-sciples” print. Their idea was solid out ofthe gate. Wu Tang last supper with Big Baby Jesus front and center. I said sign me up. The illustration took a bit to do since they’re artist deep, but nonetheless a fun project. Thanks for choosing me to do this print, see you Saturday for the show….. Wu Tang is FOREVER!” -Adam Hathorn

Wu-Sciples
Edition size 200
18″x24″
100c Old Green Speckltone by French Paper
10 Colors (white, silver, light brown, medium brown, dark brown, dark red, gold, yellow, orange, black)
The print is going on sale Monday January 30th at noon PST.
http://tworabbits.bigcartel.com/product/wu-sciples

Check out the process pictures HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in