Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Boy and his Big Blue Box Rob Schwager Print Release


Details from Rob Schwager on his terrific new print releasing this week through Tiny Bird Press:

When I was a kid, I used to run home from school to watch my favorite TV shows. One of them, was this British television program that ran on WTTW, (the PBS station in Chicago). It was a quirky science fiction show about a time traveller called the Doctor. He and his companions whisked around space and time in a blue phone booth looking thing called a Police Box.

The year was 1980. The show was called Doctor Who, and I, was hooked.

The Doctor at that time was played by an actor named Tom Baker, who wore a ridiculously long scarf. I decided I needed a long scarf too. I wrote a letter to some long forgotten address I obtained, and received a knitting pattern for the scarf. I somehow talked my grandmother into making one for me. It was awesome. Even though I was ridiculed mercilessly by my peers for wearing it, my love for the 4th Doctor and his adventures never diminished.

Well, it just so happens that 2013 is the 50th year anniversary of Doctor Who. It's the longest running science fiction television series in the world.

This is my homage to those days from my youth. Days that were filled with countless hours spent watching Doctor Who and pretending that I too, could travel in space and time.

“A Boy and his Big Blue Box” •Hand-printed serigraph by Rob Schwager
•19″ x 25″ on 100# French Speckletone paper
•Printed with water based non-toxic ink
•11 screens
•Signed and numbered edition of 130

The print will be released on Friday, May 31st at 8:00 PM EDT. at the Tiny Bird Press webstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in