Thursday, November 14, 2013

COPE2 “VERSATILE” Gallery Show Studio Visit & Preview
























1xRUN & Inner State Gallery Presents COPE2 “VERSATILE”. A New Body Of Work From NYC Graffiti Legend Imported to Detroit. Inside the Rock Poster stopped by the temporary studio set up at Inner State Gallery as Cope2 prepares for his show this weekend. Lots of previews are show above or pieces for the show. Also be sure to check out the video of Cope2 below hard at work.



Opening Saturday November 16th at 7pm, Inner State Gallery is proud to showcase Versatile from New York City graffiti legend Cope2. The exhibition is free and open to the public.

“I’ve always wanted to do a show like this. Lately, I have transitioned mostly into mixed media paintings, but I’ve been doing hardcore graffiti, if you want to call it that, for thirty-plus years. It’s what made me Cope2. But me, I like to change it up and show all my different styles. So with this show, I’m able to show my evolution of style and how I’ve progressed. “Versatile” shows where I came from and what I’m doing now,” Cope2 said from his studio in New York.

This career spanning exhibition will showcase all the individual styles Cope2 has become infamous for including his signature bubble letters which have since been imitated the world over, as well as wild style letters, graffiti tags, fine art mixed media canvases and vintage photos of 1980’s subway scenes highlighting where Cope2 made his mark throughout New York City’s classic 70’s and early 80’s graffiti era.

“I have been catching flicks of Cope’s work for years in graffiti magazines and videos, so for us it is an honor to host an exhibition that spans his entire career here in Detroit,” gallery co-founder Dan Armand said.

With over 50 new mixed media paintings, hand-painted multiples, photos and limited edition prints, this is an exhibition that is not to be missed. Welcoming artist reception will begin at 7pm and end at 10pm.

To join the advanced collectors preview list contact gallery director Ania Eaton at ania@innerstategallery.com or call 313-744-6505.

More information can be found at www.innerstategallery.com & www.cope2.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in