Friday, May 23, 2014

Shark Toof Cigarette Pack Multiples Release





Inner State Gallery and 1xRUN are proud to welcome Los Angeles artist Shark Toof. An entirely new body of work, “I’m Shark Toof, Who The Hell Are You?” is an expansive examination of Toof’s continually evolving style that explores a harmonious mix of his signature shark icon with pop culture and comic book inspirations. The show featured all new paintings, hand-painted multiples, stencil works and prints that blend Toof’s signature street aesthetic alongside his refined fine art gallery works.

“This new body of work is a blend of my graffiti roots which is where I really developed my own unique voice. At the same time there’s also an aspect of this work that is just not taking yourself too seriously, kind of vandalizing your own icons,” Shark Toof said while preparing in Detroit. “I like Detroit because it is very do-it yourself and I am a very do-it yourself artist so it is a great fit for me.”

Each of these is 9.25 x 17 Inches Hand-Painted & Screen Print on Laser Cut Wood Panel

On sale Friday at NOON EDT at 1xRUN.com

To see pics of the show click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in