Monday, August 25, 2014

Bask Location Location Location Show Covered




This past Friday night Inner State Gallery welcomed Czech-born artist Ales “Bask” Hostomsky as he returned to Detroit for his first solo exhibition in over 2 years. An entirely new body of work “Location, Location, Location” showcases Bask’s blend of graffiti, punk and DIY styles into his latest exploration of Detroit’s unique textures and vast urban landscape. Known for his massive murals across the globe, over the top gallery installations and tireless work ethic, Bask’s latest solo exhibition is his most ambitious to date. Created over countless late nights and early mornings over the summer Bask has assembled nearly 300 pieces of original artwork for Location, Location, Location.

With his latest hand-painted multiple series “Face Invader” Bask provides his die-hard fans with a collection of 200 12 x12 inch original works of art that embrace the iconic language developed over his 15-year career. “I wanted to do something special for the run that was going to coincide with the show. This has been the most ambitious project that I’ve taken onto date” BASK said from his studio in St. Petersburg Florida.

“The inspiration behind the work I made for this show was Detroit's strengths, struggles, and landscape. I took the opportunity to move to Detroit fourteen years ago, but for a number a reasons beyond my control, my stay lasted only 4 years. However that was long enough for the city to have a profound impact on my work as well as my consciousness towards social and political issues. And even though I haven't called Detroit home in 9 years, the impression it stamped on me is something I hope I never lose. And it was this appreciation for the influence that DETROIT has had on me, that inspired the work I made for the show.” - BASK

Hope you enjoy the pictures to see the rest of the pictures click the Coverage of Gallery Openings Tab at the top of this page. To purchase anything from the show headover to 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in