Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Jason Craig Jucifer Harbingers of Deaf Augusta Poster Release



Jason Craig did a pretty rad poster for Jucifer for their Sky City show in Augusta.
 
Here is the background on the poster Jason created:
I have always wanted to do a poster for Jucifer since I first saw them in the early 2000s. They always have the best work. Well, when I saw they were coming back to Augusta, I jumped on the opportunity. Each time I do a poster I try to try something new with the design or the process to keep things fresh and interesting. I decided early that I wanted to do a black sheet with a gold imprint but was really struggling with the design. I wanted it to be the best work that I could do for this band and I was putting a lot of pressure on myself. Then it hit me that I should just cut lose and do something that will not only represent the band, but actually be appreciated by the people at the show. After all, that is the whole point right? I saw a little cartoon featuring two buzzards flying along. One was wearing a party hat and the other was saying, “We are supposed to be harbingers of death, take that thing off.” It hit me then. “Harbingers of deaf.” A play on that same concept. So I sat down and started drawing an image of a vulture on a huge pile of ears, guarding them like a dragon on it’s gold, which, also happens to be the color of the poster. I was very pleased with the final results and the band could not have been happier. Bucket list checked.
Jucifer: Harbingers of Deaf by Jason Craig. 18”x24” screen print. Gold on French Pop-Tone Black Licorice. Hand numbered. Edition of 30.

Jucifer: Harbingers of Deaf (variant) by Jason Craig. 18”x24” screen print. Gold on French Pop-Tone Red Hot. Hand numbered. Edition of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in